“Wellbeing cannot exist just in your own head. Wellbeing is a combination of feeling good as well as actually having meaning, good relationships and accomplishment.“~ Martin Seligman.
Wellness is a series of practices and skills you can actively develop. Coaching is a great place to start. Being mindful of these 8 key areas of life or work to focus on when developing your wellbeing is part of taking the first step.
1. Build relationships, good relationships are by far the most important factor in wellbeing. Making sure you focus on savouring the positives.
2. Exercise regularly and stay healthy.
3. Practise gratitude, it’s connected to positive feelings which broaden and build resources and energy.
4. Identify and use your strengths as much as possible; they use little energy and you're good at it.
5. Create flow and flow enviroments, this happens when your level of challenge is right for your level of skill.
6. Give with kindness, contributing to community increases your social wellbeing.When you serve others you're rewarded and wellbeing is shared which strengthens it.
7. Spiritual practises like meditation can improve wellbeing, reduce stress and can include belonging to a community where practice is shared.
8. Eat good food that suits your metabolism and understand your bodies physical needs. Be aware of where your food comes from and what it takes to get it to your plate. Would this change the way you eat?
If you develop your wellbeing all other areas of life will benefit. Wellbeing is not just the absence of disease or disorder, wellbeing is a state of thriving. Wellbeing and leadership are interconnected and wellbeing is a practice of taking care of the whole not just the individual . We have a series of 60 minute workshops to facilitate Wellness or Wellbeing at your workplace.
For more information or a free consultation email firstname.lastname@example.org